RVR Baby Bear (5K)
RVR Baby Bear offers 5-kilometres of spectacular single-track trails in Edmonton's river valley, done as a single loop.
- no aid station on this course
RVR Mama Bear (12.5K)
RVR Mama Bear offers 12.5-kilometres of spectacular single-track trails in Edmonton's river valley, done as a single loop.
RVR Papa Bear (25K)
RVR Papa Bear offers 25-kilometres of spectacular single-track trails in Edmonton's river valley, done as two loops run one direction and then the opposite direction.
RVR Goldilocks (50K)
RVR Goldilocks offers 50-kilometres of spectacular single-track trails in Edmonton's river valley, done as four loops run one direction and then the opposite direction.
Race HQ - in Edmonton, Alberta - specific location TBD
Last year's Race HQ was at 216 Wolf Willow Road NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5T 5L8. This residential location is across the street from Sorrentino's West and Starbucks Wolf Willow. Ample residential parking is available.
Race HQ Amenities:
- Portable Toilet
- Aid Station
- Heated Garage
How the Race Works
- Mama Bear = 12.5km loop once, choose your direction
- Papa Bear = 12.5km loop twice, change directions each time
- Goldilocks = 12.5km loop four times, change directions each time
- Baby Bear Course is a separate 5km loop
Aid Station: Bring Your Own Cup!
- Hot drink options: hot water, coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider
- Hot food options: instant oatmeal (hot, cold, or just right), noodles (chicken or vegetable)
- Cold drink options: bottled water, coke
- Cold food options: bear paws, chips
- Other treats and surprises will appear throughout the day
- Micro-spikes: Kahtoola or other brands.
- Wool socks.
- Gaiters, short or tall.
For general communications, info sharing, photo sharing, etc - WhatsApp is the platform of choice, including race day communications. To make the platform work best for you, see the recommendations below:
If you want to be part of the conversation
a. Download WhatsApp on or before Friday, January 13th and make sure you've given us the phone number being used for the platform.
*Important: We cannot add you to the group if you do not have an account set up, and you will not be able to see conversations that happen before you join.
b. Keep notifications on and join the conversation. Get to know other participants and share your status during the race, including any questions for the race director. This is a great way to crowd-share information and experiences in real time.
If you don't want to be part of the conversation
Turn off notifications in WhatsApp. Then, you can check in whenever you feel like it while controlling disruptions.