August River Paddle
Join Edmonton Trail Community on the first weekend in August for our 2nd annual river paddle on the beautiful, meandering North Saskatchewan River!
The paddle trip is open to anyone. You may use any non-motorized equipment, rented or your own.
If you are going solo, you must have previous open water paddling experience. If you are sharing a kayak or canoe, one of you must have previous open water paddling experience. Choose the option that suits you best and show up ready to enjoy stunning river views in good company. PFDs mandatory!
Your $20 donation (per family unit) to ETC supports our community and secures your spot.
- If you need to rent a canoe, contact Canoeheads, which provides the canoe, all safety equipment, and full transportation to and from the location. Don't wait too long. Rentals fill up quickly in the summer.
- Canoeheads also offers shuttle service if you have your own canoe and only need transportation.
- If you would like to participate and cost is a barrier, send us an email for financial assistance with canoe rentals, no proof of need required.
Two Day Trip: Genesee to Edmonton - August 7th to 8th
- We start 10:00 am at Genesee Bridge on Saturday, August 7th (8:00 am at Laurier Park if going with Canoeheads) and camp overnight on crown land near Devon.
- Continue at your own pace on Sunday, August 8th and finish at Laurier Park in Edmonton.
- Expected time on water is 7-8 hours on Saturday, and 5-6 hours on Sunday.
One Day Trip: Devon to Edmonton - August 8th only
- Start 9:30 am at Devon Voyageur Boat Launch on Sunday, August 8th (8:00 am at Laurier Park if going with Canoeheads) and finish at Laurier Park in Edmonton.
- Expected time on water is about 5-6 hours.
Registration closes August 5th, 2021.